In the world, more and more people perceive Bitcoin as an investment instrument and completely forget it can also be a payment method. The public is increasingly worried about how this will affect the adoption of cryptocurrencies in the long term. Yes, its representatives believe in holding — that is, they perceive BTC as a tool for long-term investment — but today, cryptos are accepted in many stores globally. Therefore, people not only buy cryptocurrencies but also try to spend them.
If you look at vendors who let you buy things with Bitcoin, then these are either large retail chains or those stores that have made a name for themselves by working with bitcoins. Electronics giant Newegg, retailer Overstock, and flights via CheapAir are all regulars on the list of crypto-friendly sellers. And that's great. You can buy almost anything on Overstock, from furniture to clothing to electronics and accessories. But this is far from the only retailer that allows you to pay for goods with BTC.
Bitcoin is primarily a currency that has enormous potential for a border-free currency. It empowers those who do not have access to banking services and gives people economic autonomy and freedom. This all sounds great, but the real question is — how to buy things with Bitcoin? Let's check it out.
What Can You Spend Bitcoin On?
With Bitcoin, a person can buy food, equipment and gadgets, software, pay in a restaurant, or even become the owner of a car. Crypto is actively used in the industry of gambling for money (gambling). Popular casinos and bookmakers all accept BTC nowadays. What else can you spend Bitcoin on? How to buy stuff with Bitcoin? Look further:
- Using Bitcoin to buy things is possible in real estate. Real estate agency RE / MAX (London) offers clients to pay with cryptocurrency. You can buy an apartment or a house for BTC right now.
- Booking hotels and tickets. The virtual coin made its way to the tourism industry where you can buy things with Bitcoin. You can order an airline ticket for Bitcoin on the CheapAir website.
- Buying branded underwear. This is not something a lot of people consider when wondering how to pay with Bitcoin. Victoria's Secret is the most glamorous member of the Bitcoin network. VS has been working with cryptocurrency since the end of 2013.
- Paying for education. The first university to start accepting payments via Bitcoin was the University of Nicosia (Cyprus) in 2014. Students got the opportunity to pay for their studies with BTC. Universities in the USA, Mexico, Great Britain, followed the example of the Cypriots.
- Donating to the development of Wikipedia. The largest online encyclopedia has been working without ads throughout its history. The platform's only income is donating readers who can now do this using BTC.
Where You Can Buy Things With Bitcoin
As of August 2017, the capabilities of BTC were significantly amplified. According to Statista, there are now more than fifty-five million Blockchain wallets in the world. As such, the possibility of using Bitcoin as a payment method has also grown.
Bitcoin even made it to space. Back in 2013, Virgin space travel announced the start of accepting BTC as a payment method. Note that this holding belongs to the famous businessman Richard Branson, who actively invests money in cryptocurrencies and crypto-related projects.
Let's go back down to earth. A commonplace example of everyday purchases in the life of a modern person is a trip to a store or shop. Today, there are even brick-and-mortar stores where you can make your purchases without cash or credit cards, just BTC.
The attractiveness of Bitcoin as a means of payment is evidenced by the number of well-known companies and websites that use virtual coins. Among them are the well-known marketplaces eBay, Amazon, and Shopify. If you’re still thinking: “Where can I buy stuff with Bitcoin?”, here are a few examples of how to use it:
- AppStore – owners of Apple products can buy apps for BTC in the mobile store.
- Microsoft – the company offers users to buy software, devices, and subscriptions for cryptocurrency.
- WordPress – Bitcoin is also used by the producer of the most widespread CMS for websites in the world. You can buy themes and additional plugins.
- Reddit is the 7th most visited website on the planet as of 2020. Members can buy a premium status for BTC.
- Subway and KFC are fast-food chains that accept BTC.
- Tesla, the American automobile manufacturer, continues to bend its innovative line and invites customers to pay with Bitcoin. That is, you can even buy a car for cryptocurrency.
- Sacramento Kings was the first sports organization from the Major League (NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB) to accept Bitcoin.
This list is far from complete and is continuously expanding. There are many more things to buy with Bitcoin. Every month, at least one major company announces it is joining the Bitcoin network.
How to Purchase Electronics and Accessories With Bitcoin
Now we’ve seen that in 2020, a lot of online shops accept BTC as a payment method. There are a lot of things you can buy with Bitcoin. Here’s a convenient list with links to online shops and websites where you can buy electronics and accessories with BTC:
- Amazon through Purse.io. It’s a little known fact, but you can buy stuff from all Amazon stores using BTC. The best part is that you will save 1 to 30% when using BTC. Purse.io is an outstanding solution that allows you to do this.
- Dell is an American manufacturer of computer equipment that sells laptops, earpieces, and a vast variety of other devices for BTC.
- Newegg – a famous online shop, where you can buy things with Bitcoin, including processors, PCs, and all kinds of other consumer electronics.
- Overstock is a prevalent online store that sells just about everything you need.
- Microsoft accepts Bitcoin for Windows and Xbox sales.
- The dish is a popular satellite TV provider, as well as an ISP, that accepts BTC.